Home link

Thursday, August 8, 2013

What a Great Red Nose Day!

We have had a fantastic day raising funds for Cure Kids. This was the result of the hard work of Harvey and Jackson who dreamed up the day with the Odlympics events. The Stadium students did an awesome job organising and running all the activities.

TV3 were with us filming the event and it will be showing on Friday 23 August.


We raised $2017.50  for a great charity. Go GHS!


Celebrities Amber Peebles, Brooke Howard-Smith and Tall Black Super Star Brendon Pongia were there to interview Harvey and Jackson and film the fun.



Red Nose Day – The “Rugby” Experience

“Go Mr Wesbonk!!” all the children from Room 30 shouted and cheered. I was excited, as I tumbled down the steep and grassy hill, while all the other happy children were jumping around with smiles on their faces. When I reached the bottom of the hill, I could not immediately stand up, but I needed to high-five a year seven student. Slap! I high-fived her hand and dizzily fell down onto the green, wet grass.

By Solange 
Solange has been part of the ESOL programme since February 2012



Red Nose Day: Joust The Noodle

“Come on Sana, you can do it!” my friends shouted excitedly and clapped enthusiastically for me. “All right, I’ll do it, it is not scary at all!” I answered, while I grabbed the noodle and the wooden horse.

Everybody was staring at me, when I started running. I yelled “Ahaaaaa….!” – Snap!! “O, no!” the audience shouted. Would you believe it? - The noodle snapped.

Suddenly all the students stood around me and saw it was just the noodle. Everybody was laughing and still laughing they went back into their positions to take their turn.

By Sana

Sana has been part of the ESOL programme since February 2011









No comments:

Post a Comment